Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Like Pink

 Dress: Margherita Wrap Dress from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Shoes: Born
Necklace: Vintage
Earring: Me
Photography: Super Boo & Me
I wore this dress to work & Tai Chi. This dress was a total shock to me. I LOVED it. I am going to have to stop being surprised that I like pink. I just do. I felt these colors were extremely flattering on me. And the pattern was marvelously textured. I thought this was a really lovely luxe feeling work dress. I was sad to have to take it off & send it back to GB.  
Also, Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette was *thee* perfect match, along with Bite Beauty's Rhubarb lip pencil.
I made this fleur de lis earring a few years ago in memory of my best friend, Shane. I wore it on this day because it was the 2 year anniversary of his suicide, March 10. Shane & I met in middle school & I instantly knew I wanted to be friends with him. He was cute, funny, had excellent taste in music, & he could do anything. Shane was the first friend I had that liked me for me. He never tried to change me. He was proud to be my friend. I was an outcast, dyeing my hair pink, purple, green...wearing vintage clothing...in the 80s in a small town, that wasn't blending in. I got teased a lot. We were inseparable in high school, skipping class so we could spend the whole day together talking...then going home to talk on the phone to each other for hours more. I was the first person Shane came out to. He moved to Madison 2 years after I did & we lived together for a few years. Later, he bought a house a half a mile from mine. He was a part of my life for decades. What I remember most about Shane is his laugh...he'd throw his head back & laugh with his whole body. We laughed together countless times...so hard we'd be in tears. I miss that. I miss you, Shane. 
Above, Shane at my house, Christmas 1999. Below, Shane & I at our fake high school graduation at his parent's house, 1988.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I'd seen this dress on you earlier. I passed right by it on the website. I guess it looked more purple or taupe online, but it looks beautifully pink and mauve in these pictures. Your make-up goes really well with it, too. I stopped wearing fun make-up for awhile because I kept having allergic reactions to who knows what, and my face would blow up, and my eyes would swell shut. I would wear only Physician's Formula because it was hypo-allergenic. I've recently started adding different brands of make-up back into my routine, and I'm seeing these Naked palettes everywhere. These pinks and browns would be perfect with my complexion, so maybe I'll brave it!

    Thanks too for sharing your story about Shane. It's a sweet tribute to him that really shows how beautiful and special your friendship was. :-)

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never ever have thought I'd like this dress...I love surprises like this. If you go to Sephora, you can play with the make-up...or have them do your make-up to see if you like it and if it works for you. Also, Sephora has a good returns policy. I LOVE the Naked palettes, especially this Naked 3...it's extremely neutral and flattering.

      Thank you *smile*.

      Delete