Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Green Dress, 2 Ways

Dress: Whimsy Wrap Dress from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigans: both from Avenue
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevogs (from the 90s)
Necklace, Bracelet, & Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace in leopard cardigan: Vintage
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel, 1st 3 photos; iPhone, rest of photos)
I wore this green dress twice, once to a friend's birthday & then on another day for work & Tai Chi. I love these whimsy wrap dresses. I own one in black with white polka dots although I think the solid red is my favorite. Comfortable, flattering, cute...& totally different looks depending on what you choose to accessorize with. I gave this dress a circus/clown vibe with my multi-colored striped socks & 2-tone shoes for my friend Toby's birthday party. 
Really, I just wanted an excuse to wear these shoes that have been lingering in my closet since the 90s...back when Fluevogs looked like Doc Martens cooler friend. 
For dinner, Angie & Toby served Tamales with many delicious sides. These were not only the best tamales I've ever had, they are the only tamales I've ever liked. Delicious. I think they got them from a woman who only makes & sells them on Saturdays. I think. I mean I've heard people talk about this place before, but I didn't really pay attention as I thought I wasn't very fond of tamales. Also, there was cake. Cake so tempting I went back for seconds & made myself sick. Chocolate & Peanut Butter. It was worth it.
Then we played Cards Against Humanity! 
And this is how I wore the green dress the second time. Which do you like better?


5 comments:

  1. The jewelry in the first outfit wins the battle for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would wear that set every day if I could. SO much fun! Thanks for sharing what you think *smile*.

      Delete
    2. I would too! They are some beautiful and fun pieces. And your welcome, thanks for sharing your outfits. You always give me lots of ideas and inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I think I would personally go for the 2nd version, just because I'm not quite daring enough to mix that many colors on my person at any given time. I do covet those shoes, though.... Also, I like the leopard with the green - it's unexpected, but it works, especially with the jewelry. I wish I had more accessories to play with, but I'm so bad with jewelry...I either break it, lose it, or am allergic to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing all your ideas and outfits! I am what one would call challenged when it comes to putting an outfit together! I found you on GB in one of the reviews and saw that we were the same size and thought YES I can see what a dress looks like on before I closet it! Little did I know you would be so Fabulous and have so many other ideas as well! I love the vintage jewelry and LOVE LOVE LOVE the 90's shoes! I to am in my 40's LOL. I love you blog.... thank you again for sharing all your ideas. It is so helpful for those like me who are definitely outfit challenged. I can click and order, but when it comes to puttin something together... forget about it!

    ReplyDelete