Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A British Winter Restaurant Week

 Dress: Zola Dress from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Socks: Dreamer Palm OTK from Sock Dreams
Shoes: Burgundy Shoes, $3 from Savers (brand?)
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Bracelet: Gift from a seller no longer on etsy
Earring: Don't remember
Nail Polish: Skyfall from OPI
Lips: Burgundy lip pencil from MAC
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
A week ago Sunday, the girlie & I went to this tiny church on Lake Mendota here in Madison, Gates of HeavenI always call it a church, but it is actually a synagogue. It was built in 1863 & is the 4th oldest surviving synagogue in the nation. And a pretty background for photos. 

Photo from Flickr Copyright All rights reserved by ihynz7

I wore this fabulous Igigi dress for our Sunday girlie adventures. It's made out of the same gorgeous fabric as their Belmont skirt that I adore. A soft heavy winter weight fabric in the most splendid cabernet brocade. I'm not sure how I feel about the asymmetrical neckline, but it was certainly different. I need to own either this dress or the skirt. They are both really quite spectacular. 
Kate looked adorable in this Kiyonna top from GB & her own skirt. Both had nude linings and looked great together. I am in love with this color of green, but I am not sure what I'll wear this top with when I finally get it. Kate said the lace went too high up on her neck & rubbed annoyingly. 
The reason for our visit to Gate of Heaven was to attend a performance by Eliza's Toyes, a Medieval singing group. Their voices were so beautifully balanced & lovely together...it was a joy to listen to. We could have seen them the night before at Chocolatarian, but neither of us felt like leaving our homes again...& I'm glad we didn't because the acoustics were lovely in this venue. But we did miss out on delicious chocolate. 
After the concert, we decided to chance it & see if we could get in for dinner at Harvest without a reservation on the first night of restaurant week. We lucked out. Dinner was delectable, but not very photogenic in the warm lighting. The artichoke/lemon risotto was superb with thinly sliced lemons on top that added a spark to each bite. I wish I had some right now. I am extremely suggestible. 
I am making an effort not to wear the same jewelry repeatedly since I have soooo much. I thought since we were going to a church, I would stay on theme with religious medals.

10 comments:

  1. I agree, you better buy that one! too bad kate's shirt is uncomfortable, it's a great color for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The top Kate is wearing is on its way to me right now, so I am curious how I will like it.

      Delete
  2. I had the lace shirt in coral last weekend. I didn't find it too bothersome at all. I was sad to send it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it right now, but have not figured out how I want to wear it yet.

      Delete
  3. You look amazing in this dress, I hope you went ahead and bought it! I would love to have that dress ( I too have the Belmont and the other skirt in black velvet). Unfortunately this dress isn't for the triangel bodyshape. It's truely a gorgeous, versatile dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't quite decided yet, but I am leaning toward buying the Belmont skirt in this fabric as I feel I'd wear it more often.

      Delete
  4. you said previously that kate doesn't like wearing necklaces because her neck is sensitive. she's wearing a necklace in the photo with the kickin' green lace top, so maybe that is what is bugging her and not the top.. just an idea..?
    kym still
    ps: personally, i would get the skirt rather than the dress as it can be worn with different tops, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps? I hadn't thought of that. It didn't make me itch at all. Yes, I think the skirt is the way to go too.

      Delete
  5. Hey Meshel, it's Marisa. I LOVE the jewelry! The bracelet is priceless IMO! I never realized you had this blog and I have been enjoying it all day. :) You're making me seriously want to start using Gwynnie Bee when I get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Risa!!!! Thank you! I'm so happy you found my blog. Gwynnie Bee is a lot of fun and has added a TON of color to my life *smile*.

      Delete