Thursday, October 17, 2013

Work Outfits on a Windy Day

 Dress: Convertible Skirt/Dress from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month)

Cardigan: Lane Bryant

Sandals: Dansko

Necklace: Babil & Bijou

Earring: Me

Kate's Dress: Eloquii via Gwynnie Bee

Photography: Kate & Me
Monday work outfits worn by girlies after work at Law Park on the shore of Lake Monona on a windy day. I nearly sent this convertible dress back to Gwynnie Bee without wearing it, but after trying it with a shirt underneath (Kate's suggestion & how she's worn hers), decided I liked it with this cardigan on top. It was incredibly comfortable & flowed nicely without being clingy. I also liked that it was black & tan stripes, rather than black & white, as I have a rather strong loathing of white. It will never be a nice day for a white wedding for me.
The Girlie glowing in the sunlight. Kate's review of this dress:
Based on the size chart, I went a size up from what I usually wear, and it fit well. This is a very nicely made fully lined dress that I found very comfortable. I thought it worked well on my hourglass figure, and allowed just the right amount of cleavage to be work-appropriate but still cute. The arm holes were actually cut in such a way that they didn't show my bra, which was a nice touch. I liked the length as well- it hit me just above the knee. I wore it for a long walk on the weekend and then wore it to work on Monday. Despite enjoying wearing it, I think I would have liked it a bit more in moderate Summer weather when I could have gone without a sweater over it.
This will be the last post with photos taken from this iPhone, as new ones arrived this week. Here is a picture of my new BookBook along with my sad old one. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my BookBook...both gifts from Super Boo. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I came here because of your comment on Gwynnie Bee! I love the dress on you, I think I'll try it! :) Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out your page from Gwynnie Bee too! Love that striped dress.

    ReplyDelete