Friday, July 15, 2022

Lifers // Sal's

Dress: Ali Midi Dress by Rachel Antonoff (size 16W) via Nuuly
Sandals: Born
All Jewelry: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 41-39-53
I'm obsessed with this dress...it is covered in French sardine tins! The shape & length were great...it has pockets & is lined...there is padding underneath the breast cups. So much twirl! Unfortunately, I should have gone with a straight size 14 as this was way too big on me...I might get it again later this summer. As cute as it was, I was not a fan of the bow in front or the boob window directly under it (I hid it with the bow, otherwise my bra showed)...but those things were minor. 
This fit & super flare 50s shape is one of my favorites...
If I get this again, I would choose non-floral jewelry to mix it up...although these soft colors worked extremely well with the muted colors in the dress. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Stila liquid liner in Intense Black, Mediteranee eyeshadow palette from Nars, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Clockwork, & Mural Mural on the Wall nail polish by OPI. 
These Fluevog Wonders: Moher *swoon*...I have been in love with them since they were first released, & even more so after trying them on in Portland. They were finally on sale & I snapped up the last pair in my size. I made dinner...Halibut with Chorizo, Tomatoes, & Green Olives, served with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Almonds. I wore this dress to attend Forward Theater's Wisconsin Wrights Festival's reading of Quan Berry's new play, Lifers, with David. We greatly enjoyed the play they did of hers last season, The Mytilenian Debate, so were incredibly curious about this one. It was also fabulous & I hope Forward puts this play on in the future. 
Quan Berry is third from the left...& the performers on stage after the reading. 
I wore this dress a second time to have an impromptu dinner at Sal's on Livingston with David. We were looking forward to ordering some cherished dishes, but were faced with completely different choices. I love how every few months it's like going to an entirely new restaurant. New chef, new season, new menu. David began with a Sal's Spritzer (Death's Door gin, Thatcher's blood orange liqueur, Aperol, lemon juice, simple syrup, Cune cava) & I chose a new cocktail, Heir To The Pineapple (heirloom pineapple amaro, sage syrup, lemon juice, egg whites, angostura bitters). While I liked this drink, David liked it more...so we switched. 
All new food! Roasted Asparagus (guanciale, preserved lemon, poached egg, dijon, toasted breadcrumb, almond); Jonny Slices (Tempesta pepperoni, red sauce, spicy escabeshce vegetables, goat cheese, hot honey, basil), they only have one size pizza now; & Rigatoni (house made pasta, ramp pesto, house made Italian sausage, preserved lemon, Calabrese chili, ricotta salata). 
Afterwards, we sat outside next door at Dark Horse (because there was a very loud metal band playing inside) & had another cocktail. David had a favorite, The Art of Rum (Plantation dark rum, Wray & Nephew overproof Jamaican rum, Velvet Falernum, pineapple, lemon, chai syrup) & I sipped on an Atomic Ginger Bot (Wild Turkey 101, Jamaican bitter #1, ginger syrup, lemon, lime, ginger beer). 2 lovely evenings with my love. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment