Tuesday, March 17, 2020

It's The End of The World As We Know It...

 Dress: Pink Multi Color Block Fit & Flare Dress by eShakti (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Torrid (size 4x), thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Gap, thrifted
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I enjoyed wearing this stretch cotton pointy colorful dress. The fit & length were great & I especially liked how all the arrows in front met in the middle of the waist. It came to me a bit wrinkled, but once I steamed those out...they barely came back. The sleeves were rather short, so I felt it needed a cardigan...even though it was in the 60s on this day. 
Still wearing an Unna Boot. I've been going into my clinic three times a week to have a new one put on by the fabulous Nurse Robert, however...last Wednesday was my last day going there. David got us all the supplies to do it at home. My doctor was not in the office at all last week & when they cancelled my appointment with her on Friday, I suspected something serious was going on in her household & I decided to not go to my nurse appointment. Then I found out over the weekend...through a friend posting my doctor's open letter on her Facebook...that she was exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19 & went to urgent care. They tested her for the flu & it was negative, but they refused to test her for novel coronavirus. Her plan was to try to get tested over the weekend or drive to Mayo Clinic, where they said they would test her. It shouldn't be this hard. I'm staying away from medical clinics next week. 
Speaking of staying away...this post will be my last for a while of me going anywhere. All the events I was looking forward to have been cancelled...plays, concerts, the film fest, farmers' market. The hardest part for me is I had been staying at home a lot before this because of my leg & I was really excited to go out in the world again. Most of our therapy clients have cancelled for the week...the few that didn't, we called off. David spent all day Saturday taking an online course about teletherapy in case this happened. So far, only one couple elected to do a video session with us. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Delinquent; Too Faced eyeshadow in Totally Fetch & Cotton Candy; Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions eye palette; Big Bang, Speedball, & Disturbed lipstick from UD; & Black Cherry Chutney nail polish by OPI.
More pretties came in the mail for me from Etsy...
My monthly Boxy Charm Box...
David & I went to Spring Green to see The Two Crows Theatre Company's production of Down The Road...also known as our last outing...hard to believe this was only 9 days ago. They cancelled their last play of the season that I was most looking forward to.
The last time we left the house was Thursday to visit Angie & Freddie...so cute! David & I are self quarantined & not leaving the house for at least 2 weeks. It sucks. 
I made us Alison Roman's Salmon with Whole Lemon Dressing...
Good timing...last week we picked up 58 books from the library on making your own curtains. After a few months of working with curtain designers & them not finding fabric we LOVE...I'm going to tackle this on my own...with Angie's help, if we're ever allowed to be social again. Another big factor in our decision to DIY...they wanted $35,000 to do our dining & living room windows...the number kept going up. Crazy, right?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment