Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Good Morning Bedlam // Nickel & Rose

 Dress: Scoop Neck Woodland Print Midi Dress by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Snag in Colonel Mustard 
Shoes: Naturalizer, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I was so excited to have a cool weather Effie's Heart dress coming my way...this was my first time with this style. I rather surprisingly liked the notched neckline, but was not a fan of the ties on the sleeves or the huge oddly placed pockets. The fit, length, & twirl factor of this dress was fab. David was a fan of the color combination. I would buy this dress from the shop in the future. 
I was most excited by having actual mustard tights to wear...I know I've mentioned it before...but these Snag tights are the bomb diggity. 
Apparently, I am lacking in mustard or blue jewelry.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD, Spiked Eggnog eyeshadow from Too Faced, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions palette, Conspiracy lipstick by UD, Sugarpill Cosmetics lipstick in Pumpkin Spice & Give Me Space nail polish from OPI. 
After vowing to not buy any new make-up this year...I received a Sephora order I had made in December...but it's not actually make-up, is it? I got some skin care from The Ordinary...I've loved everything I've ever tried from them & it is ridiculously cheap...& now that both Sephora & Ulta carry them...easy to get. I also picked up three empty magnetized palettes for some of my single eyeshadows. Also, my January Boxy Charm (which doesn't count as me buying make-up). I finally reorganized my nail polishes & had to throw some old gummy ones away...I took pictures of the ones I was hoping to replace...Music Hall Curtain Call is going for $40 on eBay & Apple of My Eye is nowhere to be found. I guess I'll have to make do with my other 500 bottles of polish. 
Doctor visits...two days in a row...the first, to my dermatologist for 20+ injections to address some sores on my leg...the other one...I was so hopeful for...I got a steroid shot in my right knee, which has been terribly painful for me to walk on for months now. I had the same shot in both of my shoulders a decade ago & have been pain-free ever since. The shot improved my knee about 30% for a week...then it went back to being just as agonizing to walk on as before. Next up...deadening the nerves...but that is still about six weeks out...at least. 
In much happier news...Diane & Natasha from Diane's Draperies came to visit & brought many fabric samples & books with pretty pictures for us to choose curtains for our dining & living rooms. We haven't found the perfect material for the living room yet, but we are quite pleased with our choice for the dining room. 
Girlie time! Dinner at Lao Laan Xang during a freezing rain storm...
Which turned into snow by the time we walked into North Street Cabaret to see Nickel & Rose...I loved them so much last summer at The Shitty Barn. I knew I would see them again because they're a Milwaukee band...but they are moving far away...so I'm happy we were able to catch them.
 Nickel & Rose, opening for...
 Good Morning Bedlam...they were so young & so energetic...
Fun bathroom graffiti where a toilet paper dispenser used to be. We had Violet's DNA done last year shortly after we got her...I was sure she had a bit of Corgi in her...but nope...100% American Staffordshire Terrier...just like Rye. We have a restaurant kitty-corner from our office, The Heights, that makes simple delicious food...& they have added a roasted beet & hummus sandwich that I can't get enough of...perfect for those times we work long days. 
 Look at these cuties cuddling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment