Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Are You Feeling Lucky?

 Dress: Confetti Dot Sweetheart Faux Wrap Dress by Leota (size 4L) via Gwynnie Bee
Cardigan: Torrid (size 4x), thrifted
Tights: We Love Colors in Amethyst?
Shoes: Born
Earring: Former Etsy shop
Necklace: Wendy Baker 
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I've been wearing a lot of Leota lately. GB gets incredibly boring dresses in the winter...not much color. But Leota is always reliable...even if this dress is mostly black. I adore polka dots...& I layered dots on dots on colorful dots to brighten this outfit up. What do you think? I think I need more polka dotted shoes in my life. 
While I have it covered up here...this dress has a charming sweetheart neckline...that is quite revealing, so I pinned it up for work. 
I couldn't decide if these WLC tights were the amethyst or magenta...I *think* amethyst? But it's sometimes difficult to tell from their photos online. 
This is my favorite Wendy Baker bubble necklace...I try not to wear it *too* often...but, it's marvelous. I chose 5 of the colors in the necklace to paint my nails. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion; Violet Voss Sparkling Cherry Limeade eyeshadow palette; Dozen Carnations lipstick by MAC; OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game, I Sea You Wear OPI, & Suzi & The Düsseldorfs, Aim To Misbehave nail polish from Essie, & Limeade nail polish from CND Vinylux. 
As you can see...I did not wear this dress to farmers' market...I was intending to wear it later that day to see a concert with Kate...but we decided not to go. My nails were already painted fun though. I noticed on this day that you can day drink at market...either a Bloody Mary, mimosa, or beermosa from Ian's Pizza. 
Shiny new things came in the mail! I've been coveting these mermaid Doc Martens for several months...& I finally took the plunge. Also, vintage bracelets & earrings. And my January Play! box. 
I wore this dress to work & out to dinner with David. I had yet another delicious roasted beet & hummus sandwich from our neighbors at work...then after our long day was done...we went to Samba Brazilian Grill for dinner. It was restaurant week & David likes their hunks of meat & I enjoy their salad bar...& grilled pineapple. 
More great mail that I forgot I ordered...back in December Beautylish convinced me I needed to order a Lucky Bag...I chose the Jeffree Star option. So of course I ended up with an eyeshadow palette I already own...but it was still fun. I mostly came away with things to make me shiny. 
Liberals at the gun range! David & I went to shoot some targets & this nice instructor helped us not kill ourselves. I hadn't shot a gun since I was a kid & it had been decades for David as well. It was actually enjoyable...& I hit the target every time. I'm not sure I need to do it again...but it was a different experience. 
My view from the table in the kitchen...we are sooooo close to having our last rooms upstairs, the dining & living room, remodeled. So exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment