Thursday, December 6, 2018

Combo Noir

 Dress: Circle Dress in Windowpane Jacquard by Leota (size 4L) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this cute & comfy Leota dress several times. This was my first time wearing a 4x in this style & it fit much better, but was still a bit big on top...pear shaped problems. Otherwise, the fit was great. The black & white color palette made it dull...but I brightened it up with red...so classic. I was quite pleased with how nicely the red plaid leggings went with the pattern in the dress. 
I considered wearing a cardigan, however...the dress was a bit too thick to do so comfortably. 
The low swoop in back had a lot of girls wearing this backwards...but it felt better to me to wear it the intended way. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Oxblood; Devilish, Young Love, Bang Bang, & Turn On eyeshadow from Urban Decay; & UD lipstick in 714. 
I wore this outfit to Bos Meadery to see Anna Purnell's newest band, Combo Noir...with The Viper & His Famous Orchestra opening. I had never been there before, but I like mead...so I tried their Old Dirty Fashioned...which was alright, but I wish I had noticed I could get a flight of 4 for only $7. I will do that next time. Both bands were good...but Anna's band was particularly awesome. I first saw Anna back in the very early 90s when her band, Reptile Palace Orchestra, was playing at the bookstore Anne Rice was signing books at. I've been following her ever since. 
The final outdoor market of the year was incredibly cold...so very few vendors showed up...sadness. The upside of that was discovering a few new farmers that had gotten lost in the crowd. After dropping the girlie off at home...I went to the monthly Confectionique shop to peep at their offerings during Home for the Holidays November market. I bought a large gorgeous tassel in shades of blue. Perhaps it will find a home in our bathroom?
Olive & Rye playing tug...right before we left to visit Angie & Freddy...& naughty Val. Freddy is soooooo cute...just like a puppy. 
I really wanted to wear these Tredair Love/Hate shoes with this outfit, but the stupid sores on my feet & legs still hurt too much to wear most shoes. Blah. 5 months & counting...some day they will be healed? After work one afternoon...David & I went over to the Apple Store so he could get a new iPad. Then lunch across the street at Cafe Porta Alba. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment