Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Dan Savage

 Dress: Floral Tie Sleeve Swing Dress from Love & Legend by Addition Elle (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I loved this dress & should have bought it...but, I wasn't sure how the jersey fabric would hold up & those sleeve ties kept coming undone. I'm a sucker for a swing dress & the pattern & colors in this one were so pretty...I wore it several times before returning it. It was a good swingy length & I felt comfortable wearing it with black tights, but I also dressed it down & wore black leggings. Incredibly comfortable soft lightweight fabric...could be worn all year round.
It was cold enough to wear a cardigan, but I didn't want to cover up the cute tie & ruching detail on the sleeves. 
There are bits of blue in the dress that match my shoes...but you can only see them up close. 
My makeup with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Jet Black, NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals, Nebula & Synergy eyeshadow from Kat von D, NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Kitten Heels, & Little Red Wagon nail polish by OPI. 
Another glorious candy necklace from the fabulous Wendy...I'd have so many fewer options if it weren't for her colorful creations. 

I wore this dress to help Angie & Toby serve dinner at a men's homeless shelter, & on another day to farmers' market with Kate...check out all that oozing yolk in that breakfast sandwich I picked up at Underground...on an in-house made everything bagel...Yum! that made my mouth so happy. 
Immediately after taking these outfit photos...David & I went to see Dan Savage speak...he's always hilarious & does a fantastic job answering audience questions...this one guy's writing was so bad Dan couldn't read it...so he outed himself & asked out loud while Dan munched on chips...ever since Washington State (where he lives) legalized pot, he gets high on stage...which was funny the first time...but now I think it's a bit sad he can't stay straight for two hours as his answers are much more insightful during the first half of the show. Also, I had to look up what the letters on his shirt stood for...Impeach the Mother F*cker Already.

No comments:

Post a Comment