Monday, October 30, 2017

Chrysanthemum

 Dress: Sonnet Dress in Chrysanthemum by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Bracelets: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Mom, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I didn't care for the look of this dress out of the box...but once I put it on & accessorized...it came to life. The full skirt on this is really lovely & it's a bit longer than most Effie's Heart dresses. The cotton knit was perfect for this 90+° autumn day & the cut was fantastic. I especially liked the unusual color combination of lilac & navy flowers...this dress is a 10 for me & I'll be on the lookout to buy it once it's retired. Also, Chrysanthemum is a fun word to say...it's like mouth basketball. 
The wind was plastering this dress to me...so I turned around, but the light wasn't nearly as good...
This is pretty much all of my purple jewelry...I need to work on acquiring more. 
My makeup with this outfit included...Stila eyeliner in Tetra; Stila eyeshadow in Impulse, Glance, Improvise, Spontaneous, & Instinct; MAC lipstick in "O", & Next Stop...The Bikini Zone nail polish from OPI. 
The second day of my parents visit we took them to Deconstruction Inc...since we love it there. My mom left with an old wooden stepladder & an antique wooden door screen to decorate their porch...David said...*that's* where she gets it from! But my mom wasn't into stuff like that when I lived at home. Then we had lunch at Ale Asylum, a brewpub by our new house with fabulous artwork for their beers. 
Back to the house so my parents could pick up their dogs & give us some housewarming gifts. That evening my mom & I went out to Table Wine for a few glasses of wine. It was the only place I could think of that would be quiet on a Saturday night & it was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment