Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Only in Merry Tales

 Dress: Only in Merry Tales Dress by ModCloth (size 4x)
Cardigan: Lane Bryant, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Andiamo, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I bought this dress last Christmas & I didn't want another year to go by without wearing it...so December 30th it was...just barely made it before the end of poinsettia season. Typically, I try to post in chronological order...but I'm a bit behind...& this dress would have looked ridiculously out of place in a March post. 
This was my very first ModCloth brand dress...I heard they ran true to size & this one was a marvelous fit. If you've ever ordered from ModCloth...you know the sizing is all over the place due to them carrying so many different brands. I've found reading the reviews & chatting with someone from ModCloth super helpful. Also, this dress is adorable...& I received so many compliments...I lost count. 
While wearing this dress...we picked up my wedding ring on the way to work! After looking for several months...I found this vintage ring on Ebay...but I wanted a different stone, for the gold surrounding the stone to be yellow gold like the rest of the ring, & the band to be wider in back. The stone I chose is a Poppy Topaz...orange! I'm in LOVE...it seems magical to me & I still cannot believe this stunning ring is mine. Jackie at Jewelers Workshop was amazing to work with...she totally got us & I completely trusted her. 
After work wine tasting! But not just any wine tasting...sparkling wine, my favorite. Kate asked us if we wanted to join her to pick out some bubbles for our wedding. 
Then...on to Sal's for pizza. My ring with a Moscow Mule...
We got our traditional pizza (Farmer John's Smoked Gouda, with caramelized onions, roasted garlic, & bacon) ...& also tried a new one (The Woodsman, 3 different kinds of mushrooms in a garlic butter with truffle oil). Delicious. 
My make-up with this ensemble included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Kat von D eyeshadow in Bloodmilk, Medusa, Ankh, Scarab, & Prophet (from the Serpentina palette); Bourgois Velvet lipstick in Red-volusion (Angie brought me this from England); NYX Mat lipstick in Perfect Red; & OPI nail polish in An Affair in Red Square & Glow Up Already!

No comments:

Post a Comment