Thursday, April 28, 2016

2016 Wisconsin Film Festival Begins

 Dress: Nina Dress in Winter Plaid Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Dream of the Crop (size 4x) via Modcloth
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Me
Photography: Super Boo & Me
 Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit the first two days of the film fest. Effie's Heart clothing is made out of a thick t-shirt material & always so comfy...so it was perfect for movie watching. Unfortunately, this dress from GB came to me faded & a bit pilled...but...one of the lovely ladies from Girls of GB offered me hers...as she bought it, but never wore it...so you'll see this dress on me again, styled for summer. So, obviously, I liked it...I adored the asymmetrically placed fabric pieces, length, & modest neckline (my boobs can't be hanging out *all* the time)...& this is a year round dress as it's made out of breathable cotton/spandex.
Our first two days of the Wisconsin Film Fest, we saw 8 of our 25 movies. We typically buy tickets for that many movies...then end up skipping some & walking out of others. This year we watched all 25 movies all the way through. Unheard of! The fest asks you to vote on a scale of 1-5...normally we give out 1 or 2 5's & 2 or 3 4's...this year nearly all of our movies were in that range. Best film fest EVER! The two I'd most recommend from our first days...Love & Peace, Japan, a would-be rock star & his love for his pet turtle...Men & Chickens, Denmark, dysfunctional family comedy. 
I wore the cardigan a bit, but we had gorgeous spring weather, so mostly...without. These Dream of the Crop cardigans from ModCloth (I think the brand is MAK) are my favs...they are the same ones they sell on Pinup Girl Clothing...& I NEED it in Fiesta Orange!
Lunch at home...Olive really wanted some of my curried tofu. David & I had dinner at Ha Long Bay before our last film of the night...
The Barrymore Theatre in our neighborhood was a new addition this year to the festival...not the most comfortable seats, but adult beverages & close to home. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, Heroine eyeshadow by Urban Decay, Mediteranee eyeshadow duo by Nars, MAC lipstick in Korean Candy, & OPI nail polish in Orange You Going to the Game? I have been LOVING this NYX eyebrow pencil...it is the equal of the Anastasia I've been using for years...at less than 1/2 the cost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment