Monday, January 2, 2023

A Merry Evening with Dan & Megan Rodriguez // Tattoo Color

Dress: Harvest Midi Dress by Bl-nk (size L) via Nuuly
Cardigan: Langenls, thrifted
Shoes: 
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 38-32-45
I adored this dress...with all its orange & patterns...including my favorite, paisley. It may have been better suited for an autumn day rather than this snowy weather...but it made me happy & there is hardly a dress that can't be made winter appropriate with a cardigan. All cotton, pockets, runs a size big.
This cardigan was one of the many I'd picked up at the Sun Prairie Vinny's...no buttons though, so I held it together with a pin we picked up at the Elkhorn Flea. 
Covered in snow...
Close up of my make-up...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner & eyeshadow in Mildew, Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions eyeshadow palette, Pumpkin lipliner from NYX, Heat lipstick by UD, & China Glaze nail polish in Argo. 
I first wore this dress to go to UW Hospital & finally have my drains taken out...I got in the truck & shouted FREEEEEDOM. A bit of grocery shopping at Metcalfe's...where organic cauliflower is only $10...1/2 the price of the co-op. Walkee Paws for the doggies. Kate sent me a video, I showed it to David...& then this happened. 
Poor tortured doggies...they just don't like it. More recipes from Andy Baraghani. 
At The Bur Oak to see Dan Rodriguez, with his wife, Megan. No vinyl...sadness. While I was waiting, I watched Davina & the Vagabonds online show where they announced their Indiegogo campaign for their next album. For $10,000 (not including travel, accommodations, or lighting/sound) they will play a private show for you. Oh, how I wish I could afford that. It's just a lot. Kate got a steal with Them Coulee Boys. I'd happily pay ~$5,000 every other year for a band to come play for us on Lake Superior. That show was the best. 
Megan & Dan...the majority of this show was them singing holiday songs, Dan's as well as classics. He also played some of his non-Christmas tunes. It was lovely. I guess they've been doing small Christmas tours for several years & Dan's brother usually comes along & plays piano...but he got a better offer (Dan asked, how much are they paying you? Yeah, you should go.). 
Video visit with Kate!
Sunflower coloring time with Bear...we also chatted about the next tattoo they will be inking on me...a mermaid/siren on the back of my right calf...after that, that leg (below the knee) will be done! I want a scattering of tiny tattoos in places with scars, but those should be quick freehand pieces (things like leopard spots & fleur-de-lys). 
Oh, my goodness! Soooo pretty...they were going to do all the flowers traditional yellow, but I wanted it mixed up. Bear does amazing work & they are such a marvelous person...warm & easy to talk to. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment