Monday, December 21, 2020

Fiesta

Dress: The Casablanca Dress in Lucky Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee
Shoes: Naturalizer, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me 
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-70
Such a colorful cold weather Effie's Heart dress = LOVE. This lucky dress is covered in wishbones. The fit was fabulous, as well as the length. EH is my favorite brand with their comfortable quirky dresses with pockets & twirly skirts. They always make me feel pretty. 
I wanted to use this rainbow wall as it reminded me of the dress & also because I knew as soon as it snowed, it wouldn't be easy to get to. 
So many pretty colors...
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Smokey Amethyst & Gold Standard eyeshadow by Pat McGrath, Santa Sangre lipstick by Kat von D, MAC lipstick in New York Apple, & Gimme A Lido Kiss nail polish by OPI. 
Erika Koivunen has been making a gate for us & she dropped it off so we could measure it in place & make sure everything looks good. She'd normally come do it herself, but we aren't letting anyone in the house with the virus raging on. It's sooooo beautiful. 
DJ set & live bands...I really liked Laith Al-Saadi's set on The Ark...what an amazing blues musician. 
We picked out some Fiesta colors & now have enough for 16 people.
A Friday night DJ set of David Bowie & friends...
Our first real snowfall of the year left everything looking lovely. I had to pick up our farmers' market order, so David cleared the car for me. Day 11 of the Advent calendar was empty (it was supposed to be a star sticker)...it probably fell out of its pocket & I will find it later. On the 12th day...back to perfume...Cedre Atlas. 
Charlie Parr performing a live set right before the replay of Davina's Lovenest Holiday Special...now with 6 camera angles. Her husband Zack did a fantastic job editing & David & I enjoyed watching it together...it made us smile the whole time. Davina & the band were live chatting for an hour before the show began & that was so much fun. 
My favorite Saturday DJ event...Planet Earth on Late Bar Chicago's Twitch channel. 
SO MUCH FANTASTIC MUSIC. I don't think I've ever seen the video for Lou Reed's Walk on The Wild Side. 
Glenn Crytzer & his band performing songs from 1924. And the return of Bret Helm...playing songs from his band, Audra, as well as fantastic covers...he has such an amazing voice. 
I watched/listened to a short bit of Matt's DJ set. And on the 13th day of Advent...Musc ImpĂ©rial, the signature scent of the Majestic Hotel in Barcelona...which really makes me want to stay there. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment