Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Wines You're In Love With

 Dress: Keyhole Fit & Flare Dress by Eloquii (size 28) via Gwynnie Bee
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Dansko, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, Scott Lothes, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
A simple black dress was just what I wanted on this day. My right leg is swollen & infected (I'm on antibiotics & prednisone)...several inches larger than my left. I've been working in socks because real shoes haven't been fitting. Luckily, I had these size 11 Dansko's I picked up in a Savers sale...I typically wear a 9-9 1/2. So, I've been feeling the opposite of pretty lately & it was nice to dress up, but keep it dark. 
This Eloquii dress was elegant madam of the bordello...I would buy this dress in a size smaller if it comes to the shop as it was quite large on top for me & looked a bit sloppy. I especially liked the cutout in back & the billowy banded sleeves. 
I was excited to be able to wear this necklace I just got right away...it perfectly frames the keyhole in the dress.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion, Huda Beauty Ruby Obsessions eyeshadow palette, In Retrograde Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor by MAC, & Lustgarten nail polish from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. 
New jewelry from Etsy...including a citrusy necklace that is a near match for a bracelet & earrings David bought me at Elkhorn. And this month's Boxy Charm.
I wore this dress to go to wine tasting just down the street at David & Lauren's new house in the 'hood. The theme...Wines You're in Love With. All of the nice professional photos were taken by Scott Lothes. 
Look! I'm out of the house doing something fun! I really needed this. This evening was like a warm safe hug. 
I made cheese straws from The Silver Palate Cookbook...which are so easy & always a hit. 
My adorable girlie & Jason coordinating his hair with the wine...
Holy buckets...can you believe how fabulous this painting is?!! It was Lauren's grandmothers...I'm in love. Also, fondue pot color explosion. 
There were also several globes...I like globes...& this Atlas one was magnificent. The food was delicious, it was especially nice to have two salads...& birthday cake from Carl's Cakes. 
 What I look like when I'm being me...

No comments:

Post a Comment