Monday, June 19, 2017

Gaelynn Lea at The Shitty Barn

 Dress: Riley Dress in French Braid by Leota (size 5L) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Leggings: Lands End
Shoes: Franco Sarto, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
M Necklace: Babil & Bijou, no longer online
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had this Leota fit & flare on priority for months as I was quite smitten with the neutral herringbone pattern...but I was a bit disappointed in it. First of all, this dress seems more a-line than fit & flare...but the deal breaker for me...scattered about the fabulous print is L.ny (for Leota New York). Ugh. I hate wearing clothes that advertise the brand. If it weren't for the L.ny...I would have bought this dress. 
 As much as I adore color...I LOVE pattern mixing with neutrals...alright, I just like any excuse to break out the leopard print. If pattern mixing scares you...leopard is a great way to dip your toe in...it goes with nearly everything. 
This building is close to our office...we popped out to get a quick bite to eat between clients & take some photos. Old brick building with metal stairs! I can't believe we hadn't used this location before. 
I wore this outfit out to dinner with David, Angie, & Toby on our way to see Gaelynn Lea at The Shitty Barn. I first heard of Gaelynn last year when she won NPR's Tiny Desk Contest...what an extraordinary voice. She put on a great show. 
The second time I wore this dress to work (when these photos were taken) & out to dinner with David...the food was not memorable, but I loved how the ceiling & walls were painted. 

Picking up a variety of old bricks at Deconstruction Inc. We have plans for them. 

West siiiiide farmers' market with the girlie...we ran away from the downtown market because it was both graduation & Mother's Day weekend...holy buckets! Loads of people. 
After market...Nutzy Mutz for doggy treats. Also, L.ny...see how ridiculous that looks?!

The backyard of our new house is covered in garlic mustard...Kate very nicely helped me pull it...but there was so much, we barely made a dent. So, sparkling wine it is...on a lovely day under the apple tree. 
I picked my favorite flowers on the way home...mmmmm, lilacs...they smelled so good. Note the dining room wallpaper border...this is the only thing I'm going to miss about this house. I wish I could find just one roll of it to put in the dining room of our new house. I love it...even after 19 years of looking at it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Roach, Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Waterproof Eyeliner in M-10, NYX eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals, Tangerine eyeshadow by Make Up For Ever, MAC Liptensity lipstick in Habanero, & OPI nail polish in Living On the Bula-vard!

No comments:

Post a Comment