Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Learning to Stay

 Dress: Coral & Aqua Zig Zag Print Dress by Robbie Bee (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4) (this pattern is on sale)
Shoes: ?, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress was pretty & springy, however...it didn't quite work on my body. The top was tight (despite being a stretch jersey) & the set-in waist hit me at a weird spot (ok, I just don't have a waist...which is why I prefer empire cuts). The bottom chiffon fabric was ultra flowy & I like handkerchief hems in the warmer months. The colors in this dress were unusual...a mix of coral, red, pink, & aqua...it made choosing make-up & jewelry challenging, but despite all that...it was fun to wear out once. This was my first time trying this brand...I look forward to wearing more from them.
Also, it gave me an excuse to wear these sun & moon leggings from Torrid. Back in the 90s I was obsessed with sun & moon everything...I called my nail salon La Luna as an excuse to buy it all to decorate the place. I still have most of it stored away. Of course. 
Angie & I went to see Learning to Stay. I'm so glad she wanted to go as I would have skipped it otherwise. It was the premiere of an all Wisconsin play...the book was written by a local author & it was adapted for the stage by APT actor/writer, James Devita. It's a moving story about a man returning from Iraq with PTSD & reuniting with his wife. 
After play dinner at Ha Long Bay...those crispy noodles are the best. Then home to cut Super Boo's hair...Rye helped. 
Picking out colors at Hallman/Lindsay....so many gorgeous shades to choose from! Also, loading up an antique bedroom set from a former nail client...she was only the second owner, now I am the third. 
Indian buffet...why is it always so good...curry & cardamom & ginger...so many lovely spices. I liked this woman's pants...they look pirate-y...I would like a plus size version, please. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue; Synth eyeshadow by Kat von D; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Fast-Ball, Arctic, Bones, & Harlot; Dozen Carnations lipstick from MAC; Quince lipstick from Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Romantically Involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment