Sunday, March 19, 2017

Pokey LaFarge at The Stoughton Opera House

 Dress: Sweetheart Wrap Dress in Terrazzo Print by Leota (size 5L) via Gwynnie Bee Try Then Buy
Cardigan: MAK via Modcloth
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: etsy, gift from Girls of GB gift exchange
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I immediately loved this Leota dress when I put it on...& ended up buying it...which I am always more likely to do when I'm the first person to get it from GB. Sweetheart necklines are my favorite...such a lovely frame. The red, peach, & navy palette in a pretty wallpaper design is unlike anything I have in my wardrobe. This dress is shorter than I typically feel comfortable in, but I felt safe wearing it with tights & hope I didn't flash anyone when I bent over. 
I adore these MAK cropped cardigans...I've gotten them from both Modcloth & Pinup Girl Clothing...but I have recently discovered a site, Le Bomb Shop, that carries them in over 20 colors, up to size 4x...for only $24 & shipping is free when you spend $50. I plan on ordering from them in the future. If it weren't for thrifting...I possibly would never have learned how fabulous cropped cardigans were...it all started with a Torrid cropped b&w polka dot cardigan I thrifted from Savers.
I was in the Winter issue of FabUplus magazine & after several months of having the issue...finally managed to get photos with it to tag them in on Instagram. 
Back to the Stougton Opera House for a show...this time...Pokey LaFarge. Such a gorgeous theatre...if only you remember to bring your own padded seats with you. 
Kate is wearing a cashmere cardigan I found for her while thrifting...it's SO adorable on her.  
An amazing show!
OMG! These are the best dive bar hamburgers ever...Angie has been telling us to go to Brother's 3 for the burgers & they were fantastic...this was our first time...but now we're regulars. Deconstruction Inc, David washing my car, & some bitch & slut stockings that I have a dozen pairs of from the 90s...they had to go. What was I thinking?! The things I've been finding as I pack. And delicious ribs. 
Eyes opened...eyes closed...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Goldmine & Minx, Mon Ennui Cosmetics eyeshadow in Year of the Dragon, Dozen Carnations lipstick from MAC, Russian Roulette lipstick by NYX, & Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics nail polish in Lustgarten. 

2 comments:

  1. I went shopping on the weekend specifically wanting cropped cardigans or shrugs.

    What I found left me horrified and not in a good way. Every store I went into it was like hitting 88 miles per hour in the Delorean - back to the 90's. Crushed velvet bodysuits! Floral fabrics on a black background some of which I am 100% sure I owned back in those days. Hotpants. Bomber jackets except this time they are cropped. I guess that is the new cropped cardigan. I did not see a single one. Thanks for the link I will check that out maybe that will solve all my shopping dilemmas in one sitting! ;)

    I was surprised not to see ra-ra skirts and brightly colored spandex leggings, but maybe they are saving that for next year. Shame because I would really love to rock a black ra-ra skirt with gold leggins. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cropped bomber jackets are everywhere right now...they just aren't my thing at all. I find most of my cardigans at thrift stores, but those MAK cropped ones I linked to are the best. I have heard people complain that they don't hold up well...but they're $25...plus, I wear my cardigans a lot before washing them so I've had no problems with mine.

      Delete