Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Concerts on the Square

 Dress: Heidi Halter Dress in Fuchsia Paisley by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to work on one day & to Concerts on the Square with Kate on another. I am in love with this dress. Paisley has been my all time favorite pattern since the 70s & pink is something I've recently embraced. This dress is perfect & dead sexy. I was worried about the halter showing my bra as I detest strapless bras...but Super Boo had gotten me some bands that hold the straps together in back so there was no bra peeking out or straps falling down...success! 
As soon as GB got this dress I had to have it...as the weeks went by & they didn't send it to me...I put a call out on The Girls of GB & one of the fabulous members, Melissa, sweetly offered to send it to me since she had it in 2 sizes at home. How lovely & thoughtful is that?! The USPS didn't get it to me on time otherwise it would have been mine had I been able to try it on before the sale GB was having ended...I should have gotten it anyway. Did I mention I'm in love?! I felt like Marilyn Monroe in this frock. 
Pretty in Pink Concert Girlies! The Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra plays 6 Concerts on the Square each summer...this night's theme was classical top 40. 
Kate brought us delicious sparkling wine & all the local berries...strawberries, raspberries, & blueberries from that day's downtown market...as well as Juneberries she picked in the neighborhood. They were all amazing. I made us artichoke hummus wraps with cabbage/carrot/bell pepper slaw topped with local tomatoes. It was the most gloriously gorgeous weather, the company was divine, the music was charming, & the food & drink were delectable....it was a nearly flawless evening...if only we hadn't been shushed.
My make-up with this dress included...Junkshow & Chase eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Vice Ltd palette, Woodstock liquid liner from UD, Winterberry lipstick by Bite Beauty, & You're A Pisa Work polish from OPI.

No comments:

Post a Comment