Sunday, March 1, 2015

Super Boo's Birthday

 Dress: Blush & Navy Leaf A-Line Dress by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this dress to celebrate Super Boo's birthday. This is another heavy weight winter dress from Taylor Dresses. The fabric & pattern were lovely, however I was not a fan of the navy & blush pink color combination. The worst part about this dress though, was how terribly itchy it was. So. Itchy. I actually broke out in a rash that lasted for days. I've worn a bunch similar dresses by this brand & this is the first time this has happened to me. I was the first person to receive this dress, so I hope washing sorts this problem out. 
Super Boo was busy the week of his birthday, so we celebrated on Saturday, which happened to be Valentine's Day. We don't typically celebrate Valentine's Day despite that also being the anniversary of our first contact. 

Pizza! We love Sal's. When I saw the special of the day, Chocolate Cherry Pie, I *had* to have it. Roasted duck, chili cherries, poblanos, sour cream, calabrian chili, mole sauce, herbed queso fresco. Oh, *swoon*, it was delicious. The other pie was wonderful as well, but the duck stole the show for me. 
Super Boo loves almond paste, so I made the cake he requested. It was so yummy that we started eating it the second it emerged from the oven...so I wasn't able to decorate it or take photos. I got the recipe from Angie, Amanda Hesser's Almond Cake
This is my...I can't believe how itchy I am or how cold it is outside (-3). I also went shopping at Savers in this dress & checked out a book sale at the library, both with S. Boo. 

1 comment: