Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Shitty Barn Presents: Spirit Family Reunion

 Dress: Elizabeth Dress in Floral Bouquet by Cherry Velvet via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: A Luscious Thing
Shoes: Clarks
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this frock to travel to Spring Green with the girlie to attend a show at The Shitty Barn. I rarely get garments from GB a second time...but I am in love with this Cherry Velvet dress. I should have bought it this time around...but they are a tad expensive. I feel sexy & pretty in this dress...it fits like a charm in 3x & is adorable! I like the way Cherry Velvet fits tightly on top & then flares out. The last time I wore it was also to a concert. Why didn't I buy this dress?! Silly girlie. 
Before going to the concert, we finally picked up our implosion glass items from the class we took at The Vinery. Kate's are the 2 that actually imploded on the bottom & the 2 sad pendants on top are mine. You see why I wasn't in a hurry to get them??
 The Rachel at Stalzy's...
The girlie being adorbs...well, she can't help it...she just is. Also wearing Cherry Velvet. And check out those Fly London patent leather shoes! 
My girlie is a beer drinker...I can't really wrap my head around this...
Charmingly chippy barn door at The Charming Barn...
Last year I won tickets to see Dana Falconberry at The Shitty Barn. I'm embarrassed to say I avoided this place because of the awful name...I never bothered to look into who played here...I just assumed it was country or metal. The Shitty Barn is actually the most charming barn ever. This place is magical! There is something about the energy there that is calming & it feels like home.
Spirit Family ReunionSpirit Family Reunion play homegrown American music to stomp, clap, shake and holler with. Ever since they started singing together on the street corners, farmer's markets and subway stations of New York City, their songs have rung-out in a pure and timeless way. When Spirit Family Reunion gather to sing, there is communion. Strangers and neighbors come to rejoice in the sound, and there is no divide between performer and spectator.
This band was amazing...or is it that The Shitty Barn casts a spell on all who come here?

No comments:

Post a Comment